Monday, July 29, 2013

A Trip to the Western side of the World

As my first year of being married came to me without knowing it, I had another dream came to life. Yes, I am one of the many people who still believes that we should never stop on dreaming. Even though you think it is unreachable or even impossible to happen, you'll never know what God has in store for you. You just have to believe.

So much for the inspirational talk (but yes, it really is true), last month I was able to step on Uncle Sam's territory - the United States of America. Alright, fine. I may just sound too excited to step on their land, sorry I am not born eating on the golden platter, so a visit to the USA is something rare to me, or let's just say - it is really my dream.


I don't know, maybe living in the Eastern side of the world made me get curious of what's in store for me on the other side of the world. This is also my first time to cross to a different continent - as most of my travels are within Asian premises.

My dream as it became a reality gave me so much realization. I learned that cultures may differ, values may differ, traditions may differ, but humanity as how it was supposed to live with others is the same. A month stay in the USA gave me the courage to live the American Life, walk the American Way. As much as I want to say that the Philippines is my home, I also felt that I am also home - there on the other side of the world - almost 9267 miles away from motherland. My new family there gave me the best accommodation there is to offer. Not that of a five-star hotel guest type, but as a family. We were not guest, we were family.

I have so much to share. New things. Bright things. Fun things. Comfortable things. Innovated things. Unusual things that I don't see here in my home. I have a long list of photos to upload, long list of experience to share. One at a time I hope I can let you travel with me on my first visit to the land of the free and the home of the brave. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment