Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wroclaw - The City of Dwarfs

Now, I have my new favorite. By the time I received this postcard of Wroclaw, Russia, I was indeed amazed because it was my first panoramic post card. The shot of the structures was great. I have always dreamed of being in such a place. I like this postcard's message to me too, because my sender is a well traveled person. She was even the one who introduced me that this place is also know as the City of Dwarfs. I got curious upon reading it and researched that there are a lot of dwarfs (statue that is) that can be found around the city. This has brought interests to tourists to find them. They are really small in person so finding them isn't easy. So why dwarfs? This is because the first dwarf figurine was placed in 2001 to commemorate the Orange Alternative movement - their symbol is a dwarf.

The stamps are also wonderful.

I love my first panoramic post card! Thank you Monika!

No comments:

Post a Comment