Sunday, May 22, 2011

PostCrossing Project: The First Post Card I Received

Two months ago I was encouraged by my "adorable seat mate" to sign up for the website www.postcrossing.com. It is a website project that allows people to receive postcards from all over the world. The main idea is "send a postcard and receive a postcard back from a random person somewhere in the world!".


Two months have passed and I have been anxiously waiting for a post card to arrive at our mailbox. I have sent a total of 10 post cards already. Some going to Slovakia, China, Finland, USA, Russia and others. I patiently wait to receive my first post card. I am in the midst of losing hope about this project. Until...


By May 22, 2011, my Mom told me that they found something unusual from our mailbox, Tsaran! I received my first post card coming from Ms. Becky of Washington, USA. I am so happy to have finally received my first postcard. The wait was all worth it and I felt like pursuing this project to collect, connect with other nations and learn something about some culture on the other side of the earth. It's like seeing the world from another perspective. Here's what I got.




It was a picture of some fawns from Washington, USA. It was personally written and addressed to me on the back. Receiving my first post card is a very wonderful experience.



Now, I do encourage you to try it. Registering in Post Crossing is free. In case of sending one post card, it only costs around 20 pesos per sent post card.


Post Card - Php 4.00
Postage   - Php 13.00
===================
Priceless Happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment