Thursday, October 10, 2013

My Destination Wish List

As many of you know, I am a travel buff. I love to see different places and experience different cultures. I love meeting new people from around the Globe, it just brings out the humanity in me - far from being enclosed in the four corners of my work life. During my travels I made sure I bring home a lot of pictures and stories from my trip to share with my family and friends. It is, I think, the best pasalubong, I can give them - sharing my experience in a foreign land. But even though I have seen a lot of places I still have locations that I seek to visit even at least once in my lifetime!

And guess what? I've just heard of the latest good news in traveling the Philippines and the World. AirAsia Zest flies from Manila now! Yes you've read that right! AirAsia and Zest are now partners and is introducing its new brand name as AirAsia Zest. Before, AirAsia's hub is only in Clark, Pampanga but since they would love the fellow Filipinos to be closer to fly and see different places the AirAsia Zest NAIA Terminal 4 is now within reach to cater to locations where the World's Best Low Cost Airline is known for. Now it is now easy and convenient to Travel in Asia with AirAsia.


They have different flights to/from the following local destinations: Cebu, Davao, Kalibo (Boracay), Puerto Princesa, Tagbilaran, Cagayan De Oro and the following international destinations: Kuala Lumpur, Kota Kinabalu, Shanghai, Incheon.

As AirAsia Zest may now take you to your destination at affordable prices, budget friendly air fares are now on our way and so I have yet again have a list of places that I would like to see.

Here are the locations I would love to see:

1. Davao - The Land of Promise
    
Image Source: http://www.davaoportal.com & http://spotsindavao.blogspot.com
The beach and the sand are my two best vacation must haves. I always see to it that I will be able to go swimming! I love getting sun-burned so I wasn't afraid of taking long swims under the sun and especially if I'm in a very nice and luxurious resort. I would love to be in Pearl Farm Resort in Davao and experience sleeping on the houses on stilts. It is also part of my bucket list to see the Philippine Eagle Center in Davao.

2. Puerto Princesa

Image Source: http://world.new7wonders.com

Being part of the new 7 wonders of the world, I don't know why I still haven't been to Palawan. I am excited to see the Underground River. It's such a beauty in photos and as some of my friends have told me, it was really a sight to behold.

3. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Image Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petronas_Towers
Malaysia Truly Asia. Oh yes, that's one of the phrases that I've never forgotten so it is part of my travel bucket list to at least set foot in this wonderful country in our continent. I would love to see the Petronas Towers, Kuala Lumpur Tower, the Aquaria at KLCC and visit the newest attraction of Legoland Malaysia (being a fan of theme parks, I'm sure I shouldn't miss this). The beautiful merging of tall skyscrapers and the traditional culture of Malaysian people is something that I am most eager to experience first hand.

4. Shanghai, China

Image Source: http://english.eastday.com/e/top10/u1a5439985.html
Being of a Chinese descent, I am most eager to visit China. The closest I've been to was Hong Kong but I've never set foot to mainland China, not yet. I would love to see Yu Yuan Garden as it is one of the biggest Chinese garden expanding to over 5 acres of land. I would also like to taste the original Chinese cuisine (food buff alert!). Of course, shopping in China is also on top of my list and would like to see the shopping district of Nanjing Lu.

5. Incheon, South Korea


Yes, yes, yes. I've been to Incheon December of last year (2012) but I am still putting it on my list. Why? Because I just love this city! It was a bustling metro and yet in the middle of the modern world I am able to immerse into the ancient culture of the queens and kings, of the palaces and of the old Korean traditions of clothing. South Korea is so fun for me that my one time visit is not enough to explore more of the city's beauty and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment