Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Digi-Perm Experience

Okay, there comes a time in a woman's life that she's gonna get bored with her hair. Every lady experiences this, or so I thought, maybe only I experience such. Anyway, I have black straight hair (in its natural form). I still, however, have traces of hair color from my last year's hair session. Last year, just right after our wedding, I cut my hair short (as in super short), just a little below the ears. It seems I already got bored of having long hair (which I prepared of course for the upcoming wedding). After a year, I grew my hair longer again. I think I grew it by 7 inches just within a year. It was so uncommon for me because I grew hair slower than a normal person. On my past years I constantly grew only 2-3 inches a year. And now that I got it longer again, I thought of having a new hair style. Should I just have it colored? Should I have it cut short again? Or should I just try a perm? Hmmm... big decision.

Surprisingly, when we (me together with hubby) passed by the Tony & Jackey salon at SM Fairview he pushed me to inquire on the perm. So I inquired and Adam, one of the Sr. Hairstylist of the branch told me that my hair is good for a digi-perm but I need to avail of the Loreal/Wella Digital Perm which is on promo for Php5500 inclusive of the  Loreal/Wella Digital Perm (worth 7500),  Keratin Treatment (worth 1500) and a Haircut (worth 500). Here below is the promo details:



Days before, I saw a discount deal on MetroDeal about the Tony & Jackey Digi-Perm but I have doubts that they will accept my hair for they are too thin already. I didn't avail the deal but it's okay since when I arrived at the salon branch it seems I still need to avail of the treatment for my colored hair and that will still be an additional cost on top of the coupon.

So back to the Tony & Jackey actual experience. I then agreed to have the package. I admit it, I was nervous. I was kind of afraid of what my hair would look like and how will it match my face shape.

The assistants were very friendly there. I was well taken care of by providing me some earphones and letting me choose some movies on the actual salon mirror (which I found cool). I chose a Korean movie by the way just to go with the vibe that I'm in a Korean Salon. :) They washed my hair for at least 3 times for the entire process. They put the treatment twice. During the first one, my hair was wrapped with the plastic and was put under steam heat. After that more keratin treatment. Then my hair was washed again. Then I had the haircut. I was a little panicky when I saw Adam cutting some of my hair short. Waaaa! I wanna stop him. But later on I realized that he's doing what is good as to not make my hair buhag-hag (pardon I don't know the English term for that). Then came the actual perming process. My hair was curled and clipped into this huge UFO like machine. First time to experience this, so pardon my excitement. :) It only took around 11 minutes for the actual digital perm process then another 5 minutes for some cool down. After that shampoo time again! 



Then comes the blower part and the setting part. Once I saw the curls get dried, I was so ecstatic. It was pretty! I looked like a doll with curly hair! I remembered having my hair like this when I was in Grade 3! Hahaha, that was way too long ago. :P

I also bought from the Salon the big Natubea conc keratin treatment jar and the Natubea live essence which will both help lengthen the life of my curls and as well as protect my hair from damages.

So how do I feel about my hair now? I love it! Sometimes things best not thought too deep. Just go for it and enjoy the experience. More than a week after the process here is what my hair looks like (sorry it may be a bit messy as I took this at 10pm while still at the office).



BTW. I forgot to mention that my hubby waited for me for 3 hours in the salon. And I am thankful that he enjoyed waiting and taking photos of me during the process. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment